Professional Governance Advisory Committee
As provided for in Section 6 of the PGA, the Attorney General appointed the Professional Governance Advisory Committee on February 12, 2020. The Advisory Committee serves an important role in supporting the Office of the Superintendent of Professional Governance (OSPG) in implementing the PGA and enabling continued communication on policy and governance topics between the OSPG, the regulatory bodies and ministries responsible for relevant enactments.
The Advisory Committee is mandated to:
- Review transitional matters relating to the implementation of the PGA,
- Carry out activities relating to the implementation of the PGA with the ministries responsible for relevant enactments, and
- Perform other duties the Minister requires or as prescribed by regulation of the Lieutenant Governor in Council.
It provides a forum for discussion of issues and matters of interest involving professional governance in BC, including ministry enactments that impact professionals, PGA topics that may impact ministries and employers of professionals, and oversight topics that may impact OSPG.
Senior staff from the following organizations have been appointed to the advisory committee, which is chaired by the Superintendent of Professional Governance:
- Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations and Rural Development
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources
- Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
- Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
- Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training
- Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness
- Oil and Gas Commission
- Association of BC Forest Professionals
- Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC
- BC Institute of Agrologists
- College of Applied Biology
- Engineers and Geoscientists BC
Since the PGA is broad enough to potentially include other professions, membership may change if other professions are added.
This page will be updated with additional information from the Advisory Committee from time to time.